Training in dance from a young age, David went on to study at the Australian Dance Performance Institute and the Queensland University of Technology, culminating in his graduation from Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts (WAAPA) with a Bachelor of Arts (Music Theatre).
Whilst at WAAPA, David was featured as Herold/Ford in Assassins, Ching Ho in Thoroughly Modern Millie, Agwe (God of Water) in Once on this Island, Ernst Robel in Spring Awakening, and Dr Pinch in Comedy of Errors, just to name a few.
A Promised Land is David’s first self devised cabaret show, for which he received an honourable mention in the Julie Michel’s Cabaret Competition. The show recounts the story of how David Ouch’s family survived the Cambodian Civil War and found salvation in a promised land called Australia. Thankfully, David’s parents were lucky enough to arrive here by plane, not boat, but what they have in common with “boat people”, “Asylum Seekers”, “Cue Hoppers”, or whatever you want to label them, is a story. A story of survival, strength, and sacrifice.
David has performed in New Theatre’s production of Privates on Parade, The Production Company’s Showboat.
In 2015, David joined the cast of Opera Australia’s Anything Goes at the Sydney Opera House in the role of Luke.
David is currently a member of SMA Productions’ Boys In The Band.
- 2016 MT Motormouth Maybelle Gang (and Seaweed cover) Hairspray Big Fat Arena Spectacular Harvest Rain, Tim O’Connor
- 2015 MT Luke/Ensemble Anything Goes Opera Australia
- 2015 CO Lead Singer Boys In The Band SMA Productions, David Malek & Dale Burridge
- 2014 SF Richie MEAT Sunday Films, Sunday Emerson Gullifer
- 2014 MT Ensemble Showboat The Production Company, Roger Hodgman
- 2014 MT Andrew Sister’s Tribute (Bugle Boys), Lee & Porter Privates On Parade New Theatre, Alice Livingstone
- 2014 C Friend #2 Pepsi/Smiths Pepsi/Smiths
- 2014 C Cricket Supporter/ Hero Commbank CCC Commonwealth Bank Australia, Josh Whiteman
- 2014 C Snake Boyfriend #CountMeIn Campaign Telstra
- 2013 MT Jake the Peg/Ensemble Centenary – Gallipoli (Workshop) Paul Grabowsky/Steve Vizard, Crispin Taylor
- 2013 MT David Herold/StockBroker/Bystander/President Ford Assassins WAAPA, James Millar
- 2013 MT Ching Ho Thoroughly Modern Millie WAAPA, Crispin Taylor
- 2013 MT Agwe (God Of Water) Once On This Island WAAPA, Jason Langley
- 2012 MT Ensemble How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying WAAPA, Jason Langley
- 2012 MT Ernst Robel Spring Awakening WAAPA, Crispin Taylor
- 2012 ST Dr. Pinch Comedy Of Errors WAAPA, Adam Mitchell
- 2011 MT Ensemble A Chorus Line WAAPA, Jason Langley
- 2009 ST Sedition Sedition by Nathan Sibthorpe Brisbane Short & Sweet Festival, Laura Meldon
- 2008 CO Featured Soloist Opening Brightstars, David Tipoki
Training & Additional Notes
- 2014 – 2014 Sydney Dance Company Dance Classes , Theatre Jazz, Jazz, Ballet & Tap
- 2014 – 2014 16th Street Larry Moss Masterclass , Film & TV
- 2014 – 2014 Melbourne Acting Academy Cinzia Coassin Screentest Workshop , Film & TV
- 2014 – 2014 Screenwise MasterClass Intensive with Geoffrey Nottage , Film & TV
- 2011 – 2013 Western Australian Academy Of Performing Arts Bachelor of Arts (Music Theatre) , Musical Theatre & Film and Tv
- 2010 – 2010 Australian Dance Performance Institute Diploma of Art (Musical Theatre & Commercial Dance) , Musical Theatre & Commercial Dance
- 2009 – 2009 Queensland University Of Technology Bachelor of Creative Industries (Drama and Music) , Drama and Music
- 2005 – 2009 Australian Music Examination Board Classical & Modern Piano , Piano