This course is designed for the younger school leaver who is seeking industry entry training in classical and contemporary dance. Classes have a high degree of practical training, rehearsal and...
Message from the Director of the Australian Dance Performance Institute
Australian Dance Performance Institute (ADPI) welcomes all international students.
ADPI was the first dance school in Queensland to develop and deliver accredited courses. We have a proven track record with our students gaining employment into international and national dance companies, commercial dance companies and furthering their education at leading universities.
ADPI is led by an international dedicated team with a reputation for passion, innovation and excellence. We strive to provide quality training in an inspirational environment for students to further develop their skills in their chosen performing arts genre.
Gaining your chosen qualification is a stepping-stone on your path to a career in the performing arts. Living and studying in another country is an exciting and challenging experience, we invite you to join us in beautiful Queensland Australia, which offers a wonderful climate and multicultural environment. If you require further information about ADPI please don’t hesitate to contact our friendly staff.
Information for Overseas Students Seeking to Study in Australia
The Australian Dance Performance Institute is an approved educational institute for international students. Our full time accredited courses for both Diploma and Advanced Diploma levels can be viewed on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS).
Our CRICOS number is 01600A
Courses in DANCE
1st Year – CUA50113 Diploma of Dance (Elite Performance)
2nd Year – CUA60113 Advanced Diploma of Dance (Elite Performance) CRICOS 01600A
Courses in MUSICAL THEATRE
1ST Year – CUA50213 Diploma of Musical Theatre
Students of ADPI study, primarily, at our private premises in Albion, which is 4km from the Brisbane City Centre (CBD) and is easily accessed by road or public transport. For more information about our campus and facilities please see our campus page.
- Competencies such as those attained through completion of compulsory schooling in Australia or equivalent
- Dance competence at RAD Intermediate Foundation standard or equivalent; or
- Conversational English language
- International applicants require an audition (via DVD), a Student Visa and Health Insurance for more information please see our Information for accepted students page.
ESOS – Australian laws protecting international students
The Education Services for Overseas Students Act, establishes legislative requirements and standards for the quality assurance of education and training institutions offering courses to international students who are in Australia on a student visa. For more information about these standards and your consumer rights as an international student please see the attached information fact sheet here.
HOW TO AUDITION FOR THE 2019 INTAKE
(RESPONSES IN ENGLISH ONLY)– IF VIEWING THE WEBSITE IN A DIFFERENT LANGUAGE).
- Please fill out the attached application and medical form in English
- All prospective students are required to submit a completed Medical Information form, certified by a Medical Practitioner, as part of their Audition Application.
- Please submit a DVD or video link
- Please submit soft or hard copies of the following:
- Full body in leotard and tights – facing front, feet parallel arms beside body
- Degage devant in the Ouvert alignment, arms 4th Opposition. Both sides
- 1st Arabesque decote, both sides
- Demi Plie in 1st Position, en face, arms in Second Position.
- Sitting on the floor, back straight facing the side, with legs to the front fully stretched and feet pointed.
- Due Date: to be received no later than Wednesday 14th November, 2018
- Email to: email@example.com
- Post to: 33 Collingwood St, Albion. QLD. 4010. Australia
- Results of auditions (by DVD or video link) are normally emailed to you within 10 working days
WHAT NEEDS TO BE INCLUDED IN YOUR DVD AUDITION
If applying for the Classical and Contemporary Dance Specialisation:
- A verbal introduction by the applicant stating what their aspirations for the future are and why he/she would like to be accepted into the course at ADPI
- Class (10 – 15 mins) covering Barre, Adage, Pirouettes, Allegro with batterie
- A Classical Solo (females en pointe) if auditioning for Classical Stream
- A Solo of a different genre (Contemporary, Jazz, Neo)
If applying for the Musical Theatre and Commercial Dance Specialisation:
- A verbal introduction by the applicant stating what their aspirations for the future in this genre are and why he/she would like to be accepted into the course at ADPI
- A song, preferably from a Musical
- A monologue chosen from the enclosed list
- A Jazz Solo
- A Tap Solo or a solo of another genre
Our Audition Panel will be assessing candidates in all genres for:
- Technique and Artistry
- Strength and Flexibility
- Achievements to Date
- Commitment, and
This course is open to students seeking full time training to an advanced level of professional practice, skills and excellence. It focuses on complex technique and development of solo work...